Client Care Policy
OUR CLIENT CARE POLICY
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Mr. Richard Boyd is our Client Care Partner. You can write to him at 50 Albemarle Crescent, Scarborough, North Yorkshire YO11 1XX
WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and ask you to confirm or explain the details set out. You can expect to receive our letter within 2 days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may take 14 days. If the investigation takes longer, we will tell you.
- We will invite you to meet Mr. Boyd to discuss and try to resolve your concerns.
- Within 2 days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include our suggestions for resolving the matter. This will happen within 5 days of us completing our investigation.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
- Boyd will review his own decision within 5 days.
- We will arrange for someone in the Firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it. This they will do within 10 days
- We will let you know the result of the review within 5 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on the matter and explain our reasons. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Complaints Service (Legal Ombudsman after 6th October 2010 legalombudsman.org.uk) If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your concerns.
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.